Sunday, September 27, 2015

Bonding with the laundromat woman.

The one (Mexican) laundromat woman tolerates my Spanish, and also was very nice when I came in right before last load once to do laundry after a long day of cleaning vs. bed bugs.

So, when I was in relatively late again, I apologized profusely.

I also went to go get a beer while my stuff was in the drier for an hour, and asked her if she'd like one ("una").

"Si!", she was like.

So, when I left, I got a 6-pack of Modelo to go.

When I got back to the laundromat, I offered her the 6-pack, but she just wanted one, and had me hand it to her secretively, out of sight of the camera.

I then told her to take another one ("una otra"), for my being there late the one other time.

"Okay," she was like, and we met and we furtively passed one from my bag to a pocket in her dingy blue apron.

When I left that night, she called me "amigo".

No comments: