Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Conversation with an art school student: Shifting arousal.

During break from my sex class a few weeks ago, one of my best students - a (white) (mid-20s) former butcher and current service industry worker who's for some reason in art school - came up to chat a bit more about the issue of how arousal from some other aspect of existence can get channeled very quickly into sex, an issue that for some reason had come up in class discussion.

After we chatted a bit, I then shared a thought that I've had since last summer, when I noticed how couples would always sit and make out on this scenic ledge overlooking the quarry park.

"It's like why people make out in front of vistas," I was like.  "They can't handle the sublime."

"That totally makes sense," she was like, "A lot more than my own personal explanation, that it was a reason to get someone alone so that you could make out with them."

No comments: