Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Hospital (3 of 4): Details.

When the space-y (middle-aged) (East African) nurse returned after the vein episode, she asked how I was, and I said they had a hard time finding a vein.

"How?", she was like.  "What happened?"

I then told her that I didn't want to talk about it because thinking about it made me sick, but she kept asking for details, and then started getting more and more graphic about what might have happened, whether they put a needle in and couldn't find the vein, whether the vein collapsed, etc.

"Please," I was like, "Please," but she still kept asking till I strongly insisted she stop and she finally stopped.

She was a bit space-y.  

When she was getting me prepped at first, she said that in her experience, the best thing for colon problems was ginger in your tea, and she had always had mild diarrhea and bloating until she started having that.

No comments: