Saturday, December 13, 2014

Moldy peanut sauce.

Since my roommate's on vacation, I've been going through the fridge to get rid of spoiled stuff.

A few weeks ago, I dumped out moldy apple sauce.

A week ago, I opened up the Trader Joe's peanut sauce, only to discover a few big mold patches, one near the rim and one on the sauce (odd, since she only opened it up like 6-8 weeks ago, I'd have suspected there were more preservatives in it than that).

As with the apple sauce, I dumped it in the sink and ran water to flush it down the drain, but the peanut sauce was a bit tougher, and I had to stir it around in the drain for much of the sauce to flush down and go away.

Even then, there were two oddly large circular clumps left, one larger and one smaller

I realized that they were like pats of mold, since they were the mold clumps I had seen in the jar.

The mold was resistant enough to stick together in the force of the water dumped on it from the faucet, even when the peanut sauce it fed on was not.

At first it grossed me out, then I thought about how it was just an organism that people study like any other.

No comments: