Friday, October 31, 2014

Yuckity-yucks from the freshman writing class (2 of 3): Time pressures.

After I sidelined a student question by saying it'd be covered in a future meeting, I said, "You know, I apologize if our meetings seem rushed, but we have so much material to cover, and there's just never enough time.  I know I say 'There's not enough time a lot,' but it's really true, I hope you believe me."

Then, I was like, "I feel like that one rabbit from Alice in Wonderland.  You know, the one who's always running around everywhere.  Doesn't he say something like that?".

"I think he says 'I'm late, I'm late,'" a (female) student meekly said.

"Oh," I was like.  "In any case, the concept's the same, there's just never enough time, honestly.  And, let me tell you, that's life."

Then, I caught myself and began laughing. 

"Actually," I was like, "That's death."

At that, the nineteen year olds just looked horrified.

No comments: