Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Teaching art teachers.

A few weeks ago, I got this open invitation from the art school to give remarks and lead lunchtime discussion for a small group of high school art teachers who were doing continuing ed, and then lead them on a tour of the museum.

They had this whole day of events, and at the last minute twice as many people as expected signed up, so they were looking for more faculty for that part of the day's activities.

I was stoked - I just love that art school! - and I texted 2 friends who are high school teachers to tell them that I'd be doing continuing ed for high school teachers and would be leading a lunchtime discussion.

The reply of the husband of my one friend who runs an integrated homelessness / domestic violence shelter, who's a high school teacher and athletic director? -

Tell them really fucked up stories and see how they react.  Or about the fecal density app.

. . .

Interestingly, I really bonded with the art teachers when they found out I was doing exposes of "badmin".  They've faced a lot of insane shit lately in their districts, and we had a really wonderful discussion about messaging.

Big paybumps and in-house PR firms are increasingly normal, it seems, even in small-to-middle-sized school districts.

No comments: