Sunday, October 5, 2014

Korean Colleague (1 of 2): Trashy bar story.

Lately I’ve been hanging out with a (Korean) colleague who’s cool as all hell, and will be guest lecturing at my class.

Me and him were at the student bar going over his planned lecture and some other people joined us, and then we all ended up talking about bars and I mentioned this bar I had been at in Milwaukee when I had lived there for the summer, a really old school run-down gay bar on the edge of an industrial district.

It was very small and I went with some classmates to there for the bar’s 30th anniversary party, and when I went to the restroom to piss, the restroom was very small, just a two-by-two area in front of the door with a urinal right next to the sink and then on the other side of that a stall that was up one step from the floor, and through which I could see 2 sets of old man feet, both facing the toilet.

(I assume the guy closest was bending over it.)

Then, I hear one of the guys whisper, “What’s your name?”.


In any case, I had always assumed that I was overhearing pillow talk of anonymous restroom sex, but my (Korean) colleague had a different interpretation of the story, and thought that they were talking to me in order to get me to join in.

No comments: