Wednesday, May 7, 2014

My mother’s shopping adventures: Sporting goods store, then pharmacy.



My parents are taking care of my brother’s (aging) Labrador Retriever for a while, and they’re always out walking and playing with her, and my mom was saying that the dog was super-excited the 1st day the ice cleared from the lake and was even straining at the leash to get to the shore when they were walking down the road.

The dog’s eyes aren’t good, but she could probably smell the open water, my dad was saying.

Anyhow, my mom found out that there’s a kind of duck chewtoy that sporting goods stores sell that Labs love, and she was talking with the guy there and he said that for dogs losing their sight, you can always buy pheasant scent in a bottle and apply it to the chewtoy so that they can locate the toy by smell when you go play fetch, though the best thing to do is actually to just get a needle and inject the scent straight into the toy, since that way the scent lasts a lot longer and you don't have to go re-apply it so much.

So, my mom popped into a pharmacy and was like, “Can I buy a hypodermic needle?”.

“What for?”, the pharmacist was like, suspiciously.

She told him, and he sold one to her for like 30 cents.

No comments: