Friday, May 9, 2014

Espresso maker story.



I usually set up my espresso maker with coffee right before I go to bed, so when I wake up in the morning all I have to do is just flip on a burner and wait and there's coffee.

I did that the other day, and coffee was a bit weak, but I thought maybe I had put too much water or too little coffee in or something like that.

Then, when I went to make a second round of espresso mid-afternoon, I opened up the espresso maker and looked at the bottom half and discovered I hadn’t put the filter in.

I must have been so tired, I filled the bottom up with water, thought I put the filter in but actually not have, then scooped espresso straight onto the water surface, which I didn’t notice since coffee is so lightweight and since surface tension must have kept it afloat so it looked like I was just putting espresso into the filter part like normal!

No comments: