Thursday, April 17, 2014

Very Rewarding Bar Night (5 of 5): 5 Places Downtown.



At the bar in a specialty burger place, the bartender remembered me from another bar, the 2nd time this has happened

(The 1st time was a [Russian] waitress who had worked at a bar on the 2nd floor of a major skyscraper in the city and was standoffish when I talked with her the first time, but remembered me fondly when I surfaced half a year later at a bar in a sushi place where she had a new job.)

The bartender of this night had been working at the bar in an Italian restaurant the night I was going to see Nebraska and barhopping before and after, and that very same day I had picked up a journalistic treatment of Mexican prison nun Madre Antonia.

“Remember, we talked about that woman who sewed her own nun’s clothes,” the bartender was like.

It also turns out that she used to frequent the bar in the gyros lounge, and we both reminisced about what a great bar it was and how sad it was that it had to close.

No comments: