Thursday, April 24, 2014

Roommate antics.

Because I tend to go to bed around an hour after my roommate does and get up around a half hour after my roommate leaves for work, I’ve been leaving notes on the mirror, e.g. –

GOOD MORNING, BEAUTIFUL!

- and –

TODAY’S GOING TO BE A GOOD HAIR DAY.

WHY?

BECAUSE YOU’VE GOT EXCELLENT HAIR – ALWAYS!

- although unfortunately rain moved in overnight with that last one after I went to sleep and she woke up with a head of frizz to get that note.

Coincidentally, the day after she told me about the New Age pussy tribe meeting, I got a clothing store flier in the mail, and flipping through it I found out that one women’s insert advertised modern “tribal” patterns, with a picture of two slender models dressed up in vaguely southwestern patterned tops and pants.

So, I hung that up on the mirror, and put a note saying “Which tribe?”, with an arrow pointing to the fashion insert’s description of “tribal”, and she left a reply note saying it was the “hot momma fashion tribe, bitch”.

The next week, I re-used the fashion insert, only I made speech balloons and put them up next to the models’ mouths, so one said –

“Is it me, or is that tribe member ‘Full-of-Smoking-Hotness’ looking in the mirror?” –

and so that the other one said –

“It is her.  And I heard she can cook, too.”

- since I had showed my roommate how to make homemade pasta sauce earlier that night, since she doesn't really know how to cook all that much.


In the morning, when I woke up and went into the bathroom, I found a thank you note that she had left, saying that she was charmed by the drawing, and that as a tribal token of appreciation, she was giving me a single eagle feather (and she had a drawing of an eagle feather on the page beneath the writing).

No comments: