Monday, April 21, 2014

New Roommate’s New Age Evening Out.



So my one (light-skinned black) friend from Arkansas is temporarily living in my guestroom since her roommate got onto drugs and the situation was bad and I was offering her a place to stay and she was fortunately able to get out of her lease.

Anyways, she participates in a lot of New Age stuff, and she ended up going to a Friday night goddess circle.

“The best part was where we sat silently in a circle and held hands,” she was like, “But the rest was problematic."

When it was announced at the very beginning of the gathering that "Native American goddesses" were being invoked, this on male-to-female transsexual had immediately been like, “What tribe?”,  and when the announcers were flummoxed, she was like, “There’s different tribes and different cultures, you know, they’re not all the same.”

At that, the organizers had hemmed and hawed, but the MTF just cut them off and was like, “I think that your appropriation is very questionable.”

Then, someone said it was okay, giving as the reason, "We’re all a tribe too, the pussy tribe!”

“But I don’t have a pussy,” the MTF was like.

“Yes you do,” someone was like, “Inside.  You’re Two Spirit.”

“I am not Native American,” the MTF was like, “So I am not Two Spirit.”

“And the worst part,” my one (light-skinned black) friend from Arkansas was like, “was that she was sitting right behind me, so everyone kept looking right at me, and I had to either look down and pretend not to be noticing everything or turn my head back and keep looking at her right in the middle of all of this and feel like everyone was staring at me, and the conversation just went on and on and on!”.

No comments: