Tuesday, February 18, 2014

My new vegetable love:

Cauliflower.

I've been experimenting w/curries, and I love how I can have a bunch of chopped up cauliflower and add it to the pot after everything is cooked and turn the heat off, and the warmed up curry will cook it through a bit but it'll still have a little crunch at the end.

It's interesting how my eating habits have shifted over the years, even in the same city I live in.

I no longer make yogurt in my yogurt maker, or omelettes w/fried broccoli, or garbanzo beans in different sauces, and I've really reduced the amount that I make chilled potato salads in the summer.

Instead, I've really gotten into black beans-on-rice, and omelettes with boiled down tomatoes and chopped up onions and chili powder, and I've begun making curries.

I wonder what I'll move in to next.  The other day I was thinking that even once (if?) I get money, I won't adjust my grocery bill too much, I love making simple recipes that rarely have meat.

No comments: