Friday, October 4, 2013

Vengeance feedback.

So at this one apt. I was 1st in line to apply for, the landlady didn't tell me she was having a hard time contacting 2 of my refs until late Fri. afternoon of Labor Day weekend, at which point I really couldn't do much, and so she gave the place to someone else on the list, possibly also b/c she got it ready for a slightly earlier move-in date, too.

I was pissed and had spent $25 for a credit report charge, so I called like 2x and left a message checking up on the apt (oddly, after she had told me that the apt was someone else's, she had later told a ref of mine that I was "still in the running"), and then I called just checking up, and seeing nicely if there was anyway I could get my $25 back since I was confused about the process and she had never even called to say my credit report cleared, at which point she could have also told me that she was having problems with my references and I would have cleared them up before the holiday weekend.

She didn't return my calls, and during my tour of the apartment she had mentioned some stuff about putting a two-by-four to better secure a back door off the back porch stairwell, so I had contemplated giving a heads-up to city zoning, to check her fire exits.

I asked the one (black) security guard at the grocery store I go to what he thought of that, and he laughed and was like, "If she don't give you back your money, do it!".

She did call back after 3 days, though, and did agree to give the money back.

Now I'm wondering if I should alert zoning anyhow, since I really do think she might create a fire hazard for tenants, and if there was a fire on the front stairwell, people could die.


No comments: