Monday, October 14, 2013

Moving Day.

When I told the (younger) (African-American) (female) counterperson at the UHaul place that I had worked at a moving company for a few summers, as a fill-in person for a moving company ran by people my dad knew, she said that her boyfriend had worked for a moving company for a while, and had just started up his own.

His first job was this place where all of a sudden they picked up a mattress, and bedbugs scurried out, and these winged ants started flying around everywhere, and all of a sudden, the guy they were moving came up very nonchalantly and was like, "Yes, yes, as you see, I have a little problem with insects."

Fortunately, she said, they wear full body zip-up suits when they move stuff, and her boyfriend took his off and threw it away afterwards.

She also said she doesn't go into a nearby McDonald's, because a woman who works there lives in a place with bedbugs.

Just as I was about to say that that was a little extreme, she was like, "I was talking with this woman, and she says she can't get no sleep because of bedbugs, and she even sleep in her uniform so she can sleep in a little more, but that don't help either!  I'm like, 'Last time I'm going in there, thank you!'".

Then she added, "Ugh, she wear that shit to work then."

No comments: