Wednesday, August 7, 2013

the good, the bad, and the ugly (2 of 3): the bad.



I got really stressed out several weeks ago. 

Basically, the class that I have to take as unpaid job training in order to teach next year eats up a *ton* of time:

- Tues. and Thurs. afternoon meetings.
- reading through handouts after class b/c much was skipped.
- decently intensive assignments due posted online in between each class (Wed., Mon.), the instructions of which often go to 4-5pp. single-spaced.
- bad posting, where the instructors post late evening sometimes for a next-day deadline (since they assume everyone has an iPhone or internet at home?).

I had hoped to limit the work to Tuesday or Thursday and block out at least 2 days the rest of the week to work 4-6 hours on articles and dissertation, but the work creeps into Wednesday and Friday and between that and other stuff the class chops up my *entire* week.

So, essentially, I won’t be able to work on articles or my dissertation for 6 weeks, or only for very frustrating 1-2 hour chunks, where you barely get going and then you have to set everything aside.

What a shitty school I go to – they really fuck their students.

No comments: