Thursday, May 2, 2013

Mysterious Backpack / Virgil.

Yesterday when I was at the university library, I sat down at a computer, and noticed a large black backpack next to me.  I moved it to pull my chair out, then realized that it was very odd, since it was oversize and no-one was around...

I figured it wasn't that dangerous since it hadn't blown up after I dragged it a few inches, but I went to my locker and got my nec. stuff and then started asking a few people around there if they had seen anyone by the unattended backpack...  I was in the middle of a conversation with a guy who said he had seen someone there about 5 minutes earlier (couldn't figure out if he saw me sitting down, initially, before I got freaked and went to get my stuff from my locker, in case they evacuated the building), when some wide-eyed tall lanky nerdish (white) (male) undergrad walks up and sits down.

I went up and nicely told him I had been kind of freaked out by his oversized unattended backpack, and was about to alert library staff and that they might have actually evacuated the building, and he kind of nodded, and said it was just full of books, but blew it off. 

How odd.

I did get freaked, though.

. . .

On another note, me and my one Latin student who's a faculty assistant at school began reading Virgil's 4th eclogue yesterday, too.

The night before he had texted me to let me know not to bring in my Frontinus book since he spent so much time reading Virgil, and I texted him back to see if he liked it, to which he responded -

Dude the virg was awesome & ended up not being too hard.  I rly enjoyed it.  I made it thru line 10.

In other texts I think he's also said "man" in previous texts - what a great combination of bro-ness and love of Latin!

No comments: