Friday, April 26, 2013

Death dreams.


Like 2 days before Roger Ebert died, I dreamt that I was at a cocktail party, and over in the corner in front of an offwhite wall there was a man who I thought looked like Roger Ebert and I thought was him, but then I thought wasn’t, and then I just wasn’t sure, as I kept looking at his chin and cheeks, since they’d been remodelled after his one cancer surgery.

So, I never talked to him.

. . .

Like 2 days after that, I dreamed that I was reading the obituaries, and there was Nicki Minaj in a big long-haired blonde-and-pink wig and a silver sparkly captain’s hat, and that’s how I discovered she was dead (in my dream).

. . .

I really hope Nicki Minaj doesn’t die, though all the times where I’ve dreamed of death and someone died, there was always this element to the dream where I saw them but couldn’t recognize them, or they didn’t behave like themselves, like they were already passing on somewhere.

No comments: