Thursday, April 4, 2013

Bulgarian Bartender Story (3 of 3): Fresh produce.

Right before I left, somehow we got to talking about fresh produce, which she misses.

I said that as soon as I get money, I'd like to get a share in a community-supported agriculture, and she said she did that for a while, but she gets food at the restaurant and it was too much for her and her boyfriend even if they give some food to their neighbors, but in the summer sometimes on her day off she take a short trip up just across the state border to a farm that she likes.

"Oh," she was like, "The corn, and the tomatoes, and the cucumbers, it is so good.  And they always give me more, I try to pay, but they give me more.  Last time, they gave me two huge watermelons, and I put them in the trunk of my car with the rest, and it looks like the produce section, there is so much."

No comments: