Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Bulgarian Bartender Story (1 of 3): Bulgarian at the movies.

So the other day after teaching I went out to hit up some bars, and I ended up at this Italian restaurant-bar that's a local chain (3 restaurants), and not only did I run into the owner, who I had met at another of the restaurants, but I also had this great conversation with the bartender, a shorter mid-30s woman with big blonde hair and a huge rack and a curvy butt jammed into a tight black shirt and black tights.

When I found out she was Bulgarian, I was like, "Kak si?" ("How are you?"), which she did not acknowledge beyond a "Very good."

After a while, I told the story of how 2 Bulgarian friends of mine from college were on a bus and talking Bulgarian, and this funny-looking little kid kept staring at them, and one of them was like, "Why is that funny-looking little kid staring at us."

"Because that funny-looking little kid speaks Bulgarian," the kid had said.

"Oh, that happened to me!", she was like.

"I was at the movies at [a theater near city limits where the city is turning suburban already] with a girlfriend, and a guy who was in line before us had a great ass.  I said this about his ass and that about his ass and my girlfriend agreed, and then, he turns and says, 'Take it easy, girls.'"

(And she said "Take it easy, girls," in a very low - suave - macho voice.)






Then, she was like, "Seriously."

No comments: