Saturday, March 2, 2013

Check from my uncle.

Years and years ago, my one uncle (my mom's brother), who's a chemist and respects education highly, promised my mom that he would always buy all the school books for me and my brother while we were getting our degrees.

We've never abused that kindness and have always limited ourselves to what books were most necessary, but even then he said a few years ago about me, "I never thought I'd be paying this long."

Anyhow, like a month ago I decided to hit my uncle up for $160 of school books for stuff I've been buying to teach my one class, and on my behalf my mom hit my uncle up for that and tried to get him to round it up to $200.

The other day I got the check in the mail, and it was for $200.17, and in the memo area was written:

$200 - Books.  $0.17 to pay a small sales tax

. . .

No comments: