Friday, November 23, 2012

Hating on the Dutch.

When I hit bar #1000, I sent out a text to a lot of people, including this one (Filipino-American) (ex-military) guy my one (light-skinned black) friend from Arkansas used to date, and who the three of us shared together my 1st epic night of bar-hopping, where we hit up 10 bars in a night, including 1 tiki bar just outside of city limits that technically doesn't count but was fun anyway.

(They had had their first date there, and both raved about it and said I'd love it - I did - and so we set up an itinerary where that was our halfway point, where we barhopped out to city limits, had a break there with ice cream rum drinks - I think I had a "fogcutter" - and then barhopped back home.)

Anyhow, it turns out that he finished up at community college on the GI bill and is now at a major state school, but it's a ton of work and he's a bit alienated from being older than other students, but he's still DJing, and over winter break is doing a Berlin - Amsterdam - the Hague junket.

I texted him that the Dutch are horrendously racist.

He texted back:

Oh well - i guess if its not wet behind the ears know it all privileged racist fraternity children i suppose must settle for those racist dutch bastards.  Haha.

I remember when we were at a Polish metal bar, he and my friend felt uncomfortable around all the Polish people, though they did take up an offer to play 2 Polish guys on foosball.

"This is very them-versus-us," my one (light-skinned black) friend joked.

"You're Team Light Brown!", I was like.

They laughed.

No comments: