Friday, August 3, 2012

An unnamed Union Leader on "Occupy"'s May Day activities.

I forgot that I had meant to blog about this a while ago, until I came across some old "Rolling Stone" issues I had lying around my apt.

Basically, it was about how silly a lot of "Occupy" was, and how they really didn't know how to interface with Democrats and Unions, and then somehow they ended up calling for a(n illegal) general strike for May Day of this year.

Quoted in "Rolling Stone" (7 July 2012, iss. 1158, p. 66) was an unnamed "high-ranking labor official, who wished to remain anonymous":


These are people who get impatient and frustrated because they don't want to talk to elected leaders.  Then they issue these declarations like some fat fuck in Iran issues a fatwa.  The general strike was a joke.  I mean, who gives a shit?

. . .

No comments: