Friday, February 24, 2012

Why I want to go to Spain.

Why would I want to go to Spain? A few reasons -

1) Montserrat.

2) That famous medieval pilgrimage site of St. James.

3) To see Barcelona and the architecture of Gaudi.

4) To see what the culture is like, after I've met so many Spaniards; they're very enthusiastic and dramatic and engaged with the world and wear bright happy colors, so I think I'd like to be there.

5) By the time I get there, I bet I'd overlap with the Catalan, that one Spanish lit grad student ("Jesus"), and this Spanish lit junior professor I know, so I'd have mini-trips to go on.

6) That one giant mosque.

7) The possibility of going on a trip across to the north of Morocco, which "I'd love to visit again; I really loved visiting Morocco".

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are still under the spell of the fair M@@ia.

el blogador said...

You know, I don't think I had good exposure to Spanish people until I was out of college. She's more a Spanish-American hybrid (ultimately more American), and the other Spanish guy I knew in college was a *douche*. Her mom, though, who I met once, was very Spanish, I now realize in retrospect.