Thursday, August 11, 2011

Driver rudeness.

During the really bad heat spell, I was downtown after working in a library all day, and went to this nice patio to have coffee.

I had to cross at an intersection on a small street to go lock up my bike, and when I was walking back (with the light), this *gigantic* SUV inches up in front of me into the entire crosswalk and just keeps creeping forward, so I step around in front, and give the driver a glare through her tinted windshield.

When I'm walking past, I hear this woman's voice be like, "Take a chill pill," and I look back and it's this 30-something (white) woman with makeup, and with some (white) guy in the passenger seat in sunglasses.

"I'm sorry," I was like, "But your car was in the crosswalk, and I had a light and I dislike being intimidated like that. Pulling your car up like that is like you're a bully or something."

"Take a chill pill," she was like, again, and then she was like, "Be careful, I'm 9 months pregnant, and vicious."

After that, she said something again, and you could tell she was just self-satisfied that she was a bitch with an attitude, and I was like, "Oh, go fuck yourself!", and walked away, and she just laughed contentedly.

It was such an odd exchange. I'm thinking she's a headcase, and she knew she was in the wrong, so she tried to get a rise out of me to justify to herself that she was all right.

I wonder if I should have called the cops. If I had had a dog or a toddler or something, she could have nudged her car into them, and she did verbally accost and threaten me. One day she's going to hit a pedestrian or biker, which isn't good.

In any case, I should have been calm, because getting pissed at her just gave her pleasure.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

I imagine a lot of people have waited for the day when pissing you off gave someone else pleasure. I *think* I'm glad you didn't call the cops on her, but she really does seem very annoying.