Saturday, March 5, 2011

Soup and Screws

1) I made up a 2nd batch of cabbage soup the other week. Only when it was done and I realized that I was almost out of paprika that I decided to add some vinegar, to make it like a Romanian corba. Only, I hadn't bought any parsnips for the soup, so the soup wasn't as good as it could have been.

2) On the bolt-latch to my apartment, the 2 small screws that hold in the plate keep popping out, and though I kept screwing them back in, they'd always pop out (perhaps because the screw-holes were stripped?). I had thought of superglue-ing them in, but I didn't have any, so rather a few weeks ago when I was chewing gum, I took a little piece off the gum and stuck it in the screw-holes, and then put the screws back in on top of that. Now they stay in place.

No comments: