Saturday, March 12, 2011

Last section.

My last section of the current quarter was yesterday.

I began by being like, "Guys, thanks so much for being in my section all year, and waking up so early! I was going to buy you donuts, but then I realized that you had already filled out the evaluations, so I decided to keep the ten bucks instead."

I brought up the donut theme throughout the class. When someone brought up a particularly good issue to review for the exam (but that everyone else had forgot about), I was like, "Dang, I wish I had brought donuts, so I could award them to people!", and I mimicked reaching into an open box of donuts and gracefully throwing a donut undergrad to the student.

"Or fish!", she was like, and clapped her hands together and did seal noises.

At the very end of class, too, we ended up looking at a passage that we had looked a little bit at the first day, so I ended by drawing a little circle with an arrow on the board, and was like, "Look at us, we've come full circle and learned so much. Isn't that great? Except it makes you think of all the donuts I chose not to buy you."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

El Blogador, I bet you are a great teacher, although somewhat cheap. Munchkins would have been nice.

JUSIPER said...

Every time you brought up the donuts I'd have been pissed. Also, let's not forget, I've seen you eat nearly a dozen of them within 90 minutes.