Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More from the priest.

Old students of the priest who I took Latin with this summer brought him down to campus for a day of Latin reading, which I def. participated in (30 people showed up! he loved it).

After it was over and we were moving into the catered dinner part of the evening, I was talking with him a bit about pedagogical techniques and stuff; I had used some of his methods where you ask kids to switch forms from singular to plural or "me" to "him" or present to future etc. in teaching Greek, and had found them very effective. But, it took me pointedly asking where he had learned these great techniques, for him to finally say that he had thought them up himself.

Also, later he was saying something, and was like, "...if God permits."

"You know," I was like, "Maybe if you're worried about that, you should pray to John Paul the 2nd... I don't know if you heard, but he got beatified the other day."

"Well," he was like, "That was a mistake," and then he put his hands up to his nose and waggled them and was like, "I'm glad to be done with Rome!". Then, after saying a few more things, he was finally like, "I hated the man."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great. -L