Sunday, January 9, 2011

a (black) woman story: library coffee shop.

The other day I was in the basement coffee shop of the university library, and I looked around to refill my water bottle, only there wasn't a fountatin or a place to do so, so I hopped inside to ask the student cashier, and she said she'd fill it in the sink.

"Sorry if I cut in front of you," I said to this younger (black) woman who had walked up to the counter just after I did.

She just batted her hand and made a "no problem!" face, and at that point the student cashier came back and said that regularly they couldn't do this, but it was a one-time thing because they were out of bottled water, which they usually sell to people.

"Man," I was like, nicely, "Did you guys pay the library to take out the water fountains down here? That's something Republicans would!", and with that I said thanks again and left, and noticed the younger (black) woman laughing to herself.

No comments: