Monday, December 20, 2010

...what a great day...

Ran around like made and got a bunch of errands done...

Met my one friend from Buffalo downtown for coffee and to study (and also found out that she's translating the 1st novel ever published in the form of the vernacular Indian language she studies, as a project that will feed into her dissertation chapter; her advisor is a native speaker of the language and is checking the translation; she wants to get the novel out there, since she feels the language she studies is under-represented in studies of the literature of modern India)...

Afterwards stopped by a bank branch to order some new checks, the clerk there waived all fees after I had mentioned that I had to pick them up somewhere because the mail at my apartment wasn't secure (people bitch about big mega-banks, but I've only had good experiences with the one that I deal with)...

What a pleasant day.

Though, I really wish I could watch intense, graphic movies, because I find myself fascinated by the movies "Alien" and "Aliens" and want to watch them, esp. the last was directed by James Cameron, but I know I can't. We all want what we can't have!

No comments: