Sunday, November 7, 2010

Memories of the Campaign (3 of 3): Recruting Volunteers.

When I was campaigning in the suburbs, like the 2nd host on my 1st canvassing list was a missed address, so I talked to these two sleepy-looking late teens/early 20s girls smoking on the porch of this rundown home, and they were both registered voters, but in other districts, and after we got to talking, they both said they were really concerned about the Republicans fucking people over, so I invited them to stop through campaign hq to make a few phone calls or do some officework or whatever, if they could spare an hour, and they said they knew where it was, and they did.



Anyhow, when I got back like 3 hours later, the one (redheaded!) one had shown up and got trained and went to canvas a bit, but then got a call that there was an important meeting she had to go to -- at her group home for drug rehabilitation.

No comments: