Friday, November 5, 2010

Memories of the Campaign (1 of 3): Angels.

From campaigning in the burbs, I remember going up to this one host on my list of registered democrats, and there were all these little angel statues by the door, and little ceramic plates with mottos like "God bless this home", and I was really nervous that the Dems had moved and some pop culture-y evangelicals had moved in...

Until I got up to the door, and noticed some statue of a many-armed buddha-looking thing, and something in sanskrit painted on the threshold and candles with flowers by each side of the door, and then I looked on my list and noticed it was a middle-aged Indian couple, who must have picked up some American Christian kitsch shit to add to their pantheon.

1 comment:

JUSIPER said...

But most likely with no sense of irony.