Thursday, November 25, 2010

Barley and a Bug.

I made some beef barley soup the other night with some very reasonable, very high-quality hallal stew-beef I got at that one convenience store in my new neighborhood that I go to, but, just like when I made barley soup last time, I forgot how big barley gets in water, and dumped in 2lbs of dry barley... The recipe ended up being more a barley mash, with big beef chunks and pieces of fresh carrot, celery, and corn, with no broth, but tasty!

Later that night, as I was in bed, I saw something skitter under my upright IKEA lamp - a silverfish so big that its back end hung out, and the tips of its legs touched the udnerside of the lamp, which is almost a half-inch off the floor.

So, I got out of bed, knelt down with a sandal in my hand, picked up the light, and got ready - and because it was a big silverfish, it didn't move very fast, and kind of ran into the cord and got confused, and I smashed it with my sandal.

No comments: