Friday, October 15, 2010

My new addiction - Polygamy tv show.

I watched the 1st episode with my 1 friend with the cat, and the 2nd one with her, as well as my 1 lawyer friend from Missouri and my 1 friend from Buffalo who's petite and studies Hinduism.

The 1st time we talked a lot about how well-educated the women were and how the kids seemed to have a lot of contact with the outside world and the polygamy really seemed like a choice, which it isn't with a lot of the backwoods polygamists, but the 2nd time we watched the show, it was different because it was with a group of women and they all picked up on these female dynamics among the wives that went right over my head, such as -

- the 1st wife didn't matter that her husband was getting a new girlfriend, b/c she was 1st and had confidence.
- the 3rd wife was spazzing because she thought she was going to the last wife, and so who is this girlfriend?.
-the girlfriend was all full of herself, b/c she felt the other wives had broke the husband in, and now she was the person who deserved him the most and got the husband that she deserved.

Also, like the 1st time the show showed the husband, my one friend from Buffalo was like, "How many rings does he have?, I don't even see one!", and later when the girlfriend was gushing about how she was finally engaged, another friend of mine (my lawyer friend from Missouri? - I can't remember) was like, "Yeah, but I don't see a ring," and she said it in this knowing town like she'd heard that promise made to women before, right before the women got fucked over.

No comments: