Tuesday, September 7, 2010

New neighborhood update: New black postlady.

I was mailing a small package the other day and had re-used a bubble envelope and scratched out the previous sender/recipient and then written next to them me and the new recipient under "From:" and "To:" respectively, and when I went up to mail that and after the (black) postlady had asked me whether there was anything hazardous liquid perishible (sp.?) etc. etc., I was like, "Is that okay that I scratched out the addresses and put these on?", and she, very seriously and with a pissy face, was like, "Actually, no, but it'll get there."

Then, I was like, "Now that's honesty, if I ever get a new shirt and I want to know if it's ugly, you know I'm coming to you," and at that she laughed and smiled and batted her hand to me as I said bye.

No comments: