Sunday, July 11, 2010

Stages in life.

3 of my 5 roommates are still undergrads, and 1 just graduated (the only one not like that is my Canadian roommate, who is like mid40s).

I find it interested to see what they eat and how they shop.

They still don't know prices yet, so they get produce from the convenience store downstairs where prices are twice what you'd find at a grocery store.

They also have a lot of shit frozen in the freezer (pizzas, hot pockets, etc.) that they eat up for food, and they also order out at least once a day (pizza, Chinese, etc.).

And, when I was cooking up pasta with an onion-tomato-olive oil sauce that was very basic, one of my roommates asked me how I made it, it smelled so good, and all I was doing was sauteeing onions and garlic in olive oil and then putting in sliced tomatoes with salt to get the juice out and boil it down.

No comments: