Friday, July 23, 2010

More from a Spanish friend in Spain...

I was saying how a student from my class was down in Chicago the day of the World Cup, and later when she was by the big public fountain where children wade and play, she said it was full of Spanish people with Spanish flags wrapped around them running between the kids and jumping up and down and rolling in the water.

I told this to my Spanish friend from Spain, and he said that he jumped in a fountain in his town too with some friends, and when I asked him if he was wrapped in a flag, he said no, just a jersey that he got at "the Chinese store" (another Spanish friend told me that Spaniards call local corner stores that are either run by Chinese people or carry a lot of Chinese goods, I forget which, "el chino", and I'm assuming that's what he was translating).

No comments: