Friday, April 30, 2010

Gift for my mom's b-day.

Today's my mom's b-day. I wasn't planning on getting her anything - like I told her over the phone, I know she'd rather have no gift than a stupid gift ("That's certainly right," she was like) - but the other day when I stopped through a wine store to pick up a bottle of red wine for dinner at a friend's house, I was browsing the wines, and just as I was about to get a bottle of Hungarian wine and support Hungary, I noticed a bottle of Georgian wine right next to it, and the label said that it was a brand famous in Georgia, and in fact it was the very brand that Stalin, FDR, and Churchill drank at Yalta.

So, since my mom has an FDR obsession and reads a ton of books about him, I got one for her, and told her over the phone about it and how I'll bring it home for her for her birthday present next time I visit.

And, she can't wait. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful! Send my regards to your mom. L.