Thursday, September 10, 2009

Bike pedal.

So, about that bike pedal -

On Monday I was going to a bbq like a 30-min. bike ride north of me with 5 cobs of corn and 2 tall PBRs in my backpack, and I was stopped in the righthand lane of the intersection at a light about halfway there, and when I pushed down on the right pedal to go when the light change, it broke off and my foot hit the pavement.

So, I immediately pulled over and took a look at the pedal (it was fucked), and then I biked my one-pedalled bike all the way the rest of the way (it took an extra 10 minutes), pushing down the good pedal and then when it was at the bottom using my other foot to push the stub where the other pedal was down s other so the good pedal rose up again so I could push it down and bike.

After the bbq, I got a ride home with a friend who had a truck, and I so I threw my (broken) bike back there.

2 comments:

JUSIPER said...

Is it mended?

el blogador said...

Yes, now. I took it to the bikeshop when it opened the next morning and they fixed it in like 10 minutes, for like $14 inclusive of labor and parts.