Sunday, March 1, 2009

Karaoke / Opera House tour.

On Friday I went to karaoke at the gyros lounge downtown. The place was slow, and I got to open up with the Teddy Bears's "To Know Him is to Love Him" (Phil Spector's first big hit, it's a love song inspired by the epitaph of the tombstone of his father, who committed suicide), then move on to the Captain and Tennille's "Love Will Keep Us Together" (totally in my range, did it a little sassy, but no one seemed to notice), and then I ended with the Beach Boys's "Don't Worry Baby" (had them knock it down a key or two and it worked out, a little lower and it would have been either better).

Today I went on a backstage tour of the opera house downtown with a friend, since they offer these three Sundays a year as a fundraiser. We were the only young people on the tour, and of our group of 12, like 9 people were women, so I said to my friend, "Man, I smell estrogen," and she was like, "Yes, and it's all synthetic, if you know what I mean."

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

"Don't Worry Baby" is purty.

el blogador said...

And I didn't kill it, since I had them kick it down a couple keys.

JUSIPER said...

It can't be easy to sing.