Friday, December 26, 2008

Was at the gunshop the other day.

My dad took me and my brother down to the local gunshop in the small town just south of me the other day, to show me all the work that's been being done on it since he started helping out the local garage owner who's starting it up to renovate it. There were security windows installed, as well as cinderblock walls ran through with metal struts, so no one can break in, and a walk-in vault with an electronic padkey where the really expensive guns are kept (though to me the pistols and rifles looked just like the ones elsewhere in the shop).

There was also a calendar of a perky blonde girl in a black bikini holding up a pistol as if about to fire.

Anyhow, the garage owner and the owner of the local convenience store/small grocery store were in there drinking beers, so my brother and my dad got some, though I just had coffee, since I had just woken up. At one point, though, my dad went to the fridge for some reason and found one of those sausage sticks I like there, so he brought it out for me and was like, "Hey [my name], snack on this!", and as soon as he did that, the owner of the local convenience store/small grocery store started being like, "So [my name], you like those? Do you like them mild or hot?" in that really excited way of his, since he was born in Greece and likes giving away things to people. I tried to stop him, but the next thing I know he called up his store across the street, said he was tipsy and didn't want to come over, and told the counter girl to bring over an eight-pound bag of snack-size sausage for me, which she did, entering the gun shop with it balanced up on one hand like a waitress carrying a full tray.

Later, me and him talked about the Bible some, too, and he said it's an endless and endlessly interesting area to study, and that everything in the future is in the books of Daniel and Revelation.

My brother at one point was also saying that all his neighbors up in the Upper Peninsula know that his dog likes to chew on deer legs, so whenever they get one, they drive by and throw the legs in the driveway for his dog, and that right now there's eight of them out there in various states of chewed-uppedness.

No comments: