Friday, July 11, 2008

A Coffee Can for You (8 of 63): Kurukahveci Mehmet Efendi Turk Kahvesi.

This is one of my Turkish coffee cans:



For some reason, Turkish coffee more often than not comes in a can that diverges from the standard coffee can-size.

Again, I know it's Turkish coffee, but if it's coffee and it's canned, it's going in my collection. Plus, I have an attractive white-with-black spots Turkish coffee pot that's just the right size for one, and in it I make all my Turkish coffee, which I drink if I'm at home in the late afternoon and need a little pick-me-up. Although a couple of my friends who I've gotten Turkish coffee pots for don't like theirs with sugar (one because I think she scrimps on calories), I like mine on the sweet side, though I never put sugar in my regular coffee. I think that's because the earthy richness of Turkish coffee goes well with quite a bit of sugar, at least according to my palette.

No comments: