Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Some drunks.

So, on Saturday night I ran into my one friend and her one Belgian friend at the local student bar, and already when I was arrived they were both pretty wasted, and after my one friend left, her one Belgian friend ordered another beer, and somehow we started talking about abortion and he mentioned how he hated people and said to prove him wrong that people are worth something, so I asked him if he watched Buffy - there's this great character arc in the 7th season where an inhuman character realizes she loves humanity after all towards the end of the season -- and all of a sudden he started challenging me to give him a line from any of the songs of the Buffy musical and he would complete the lyric.

"Fine, I was like," and I started to sing kind of quietly,

"'night after the night/
the same arrangement/
i go out and fight the fight...'"

to which he immediately responded by singing much more loudly,

"still I always feel the same estrangement/
nothing here is real/
nothing here is right..."

After this we tried for forever to remember lyrics from other songs, and he confessed that his wife loves it when he sings "Rest in Peace" to her since he's this foreign export with an accent when he speaks English, and that after he does that, they usually sing that one song with a mini Buffy-Spike duet and then have lots of sex.

No comments: