Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Addendum on canvassing last time.

Forgot from last time -

Me and the one girl from my apartment building met this 80-some year old black woman who was originally born in our neighborhood but was down in Indiana volunteering, and when we found that out and asked her where she lived, she asked me where I lived, and I told her the intersection, and then when she turned to the one girl from my apartment building, she said the same, and it was only later when someone asked us how long we had been together that we realized that people thought that we were married.

Also, after one stretch of canvassing, it had just started to rain, so we ducked into a McDonald's to call people to tell them to pick us up, and while the one girl from my apartment building was doing that, I went to go get a hamburger and frieds.

"You want a double cheesburger for a dollar more?", this really fat and really black black woman at the counter asked.

"No," I was like, "I'm trying to lose this for summer," and I grabbed this hunk of fat around my belly and shook it at her.

"Aren't we all, aren't we all," she said, grabbing this huge hunk of fat around her belly and shaking it at me, and then she was like, "Only, you had to pull to show, and I didn't, so don't you be saying nothing to me."