Sunday, November 25, 2007

Dropped an egg last night.

Last night when I came home from hipster karaoke, I was pretty tired, so I had some reheated vegetable lasagna and a hardboiled egg. When I was rounding the corner of my table to sit down and start to eat, the steaming egg rolled off the spoon I was holding it on --- it was too hot to handle -- and whacked the floor at the angle, splitting in the damnedest way I've ever seen. The top shell-and-white just rolled off in one section, attached to the rest by just a section of boiled white, almost like the top half of the egg had flipped open and was hanging off open the egg at an angle, and the yolk rolled out onto the floor from in between the two sections that were open. It was weird. I wiped the dust off the egg on my sleeve and then ate it, then.

No comments: