Monday, October 15, 2007

Shit/ass/bugs.

I lost my reusable metallic-and-plastic coffee sippy cup, so I'm now using a mini-thermos I picked up in Chinatown last spring. I had made up some turkish coffee and brought it into school yesterday and was drinking out of the thermos top, which doubles as a small cup, only it didn't fasten on right and so the leftover grounds dripped all over the thermos and everywhere and looked like shit had been smeared all over the thermos.

At the gym last week this big black kid who you'd describe as "pasty" if he was white was in there, and he smelled like the worst smell I've ever smelled -- something of an overpowering sickly-sweet Dunkin' Donuts smell, only with an undercurrent of ass. I've never smelled anything in my life like it.

The silverfish had gone into hiding, which I figured was do to change of weathers -- I was thinking that the walls had gone cold and driven them out, since they love the cracks by the outside walls of my apartment -- but on Sunday when I got up and was having breakfast in my dining room I looked over to the left languidly and saw a 2-inch silverfish perched above waiscotting on the west wall of the dining room, just sitting there in the dim light. I smashed it with my sandal. Maybe the cold doesn't drive out the silverfish, but instead makes them lethargic?

3 comments:

JUSIPER said...

This reads like a novel. Not that I've figured out what a waiscotting is. I think the silverfish and free book stories work well when blended into other narratives--like the Dunkin Donuts and ass story.

el blogador said...

"wainscotting" -- I've been typing fast lately and not even going back to read what I've writtten.

JUSIPER said...

That doesn't help.