Sunday, October 14, 2007

More on Karen Carpenter: Leave it to my father...

When I was out drinking with people on Friday night, I kept asking them what Karen Carpenter's favorite food was, and no one even came close to guessing "iced tea". When I called up my parents this morning -- my mom was the one who got the Carpenters unauthorized bio off a free book pile and set it aside for me! -- I asked them, and though my mom didn't guess right, when I said "iced tea", she said she wasn't surprised, and then when I asked my dad once my mom put him on the phone, he just gave this sound of disgust because he hates any sorts of games, especially guessing games, and he said, crossly, "I don't know, air?", and then when I told him "iced tea", he was like, shortly, "Sounds about right."

No comments: