Tuesday, September 22, 2026

Addendum.

Because they wanted to maximally preserve anonymity during jury duty, they addressed us all individually by our assigned juror numbers, and never by our real names.

And, the (older) (dyed-blonde) (white) lady seated in the box next to me with glasses was #99, so they kept calling on her and asking her the standard questions, only, in the form like, "Ninety-nine, have you ever been the victim of a crime?".

So, after she was in the same batch of dismissed jurors as me and we were all walking out together, I turned to her and told her that them calling her "Ninety-nine" all the time made me think that she was "Barbara Eden in Get Smart."

"Oh, you're dating me!", she was like, not noticing that both she and I had forgotten that it was actually Barbara Feldon in Get Smart, not Barbara Eden.

"But I just know it from Nick at Night!", I was like.

When we were about to pass security and exit the courthouse, too, I turned to her and was like, "So are you going to pick up your shoe and call for a ride, now?". 

. . .

(You can tell why I'm popular as a waiter.) 

No comments: