Friday, July 26, 2024

Affirmation from Cardi B.

One of the things that has p*ssed me off for years is people acting like I'm flighty with all the different things I've tried, where I've sized stuff up and tried to move forward but never was able to establish a lasting toehold despite all the time and energy and hustle I've sunk into it.

Interestingly, I just saw this great quote from Cardi B in a profile piece in Rolling Stone:

"When you give so much and somebody just drags it down, like you're just playing with your pussy all day, just watching Netflix all fucking day long, it's very hurtful."

I mean, isn't that the truth.

Like, I get that a lot from people, where they look at me suspiciously like there's something wrong with *me* because all of my efforts in different areas that had such auspicious beginnings didn't pan out because of stuff beyond my control (e.g. lower socioeconomic background, or "sliding sectors" where the terrain massively changes while I'm in the midst of it). It really is like the crassest form of religion, where you look at someone's current position in life and blame something personal in them for where they are now.

On another note, I find it interesting how much I've enjoyed reading celebrity interviews the past few years. It's like one major area in society where people still talk about big issues in life, since people really don't go to church anymore. I suppose another place would be self-help books, too, and perhaps literature (my one [half British] [half Sudanese] friend, the [brother] of the [brother-sister] pair has said as much to me a few times, that he finds himself reading a lot of literature nowadays since it has insights into life that are necessary but that you can't find anywhere else).

No comments: