Thursday, April 18, 2024

Lately, I have had the oddest feeling of being pursued by death.

Lately, I have had the oddest feeling of being pursued by death. Like, it's like somehow looking out at me from small everyday places and I always have to be on guard, lest it creeps out and comes and takes me away unawares, and I am done.

Like, I watch carefully now when I cross the street, or when I go to my cottage door at night, or when I take out the trash into the back alley at the end-of-shift at the one (Thai) restaurant where I work now.

It's like at any moment something could happen, if I'm not careful.

I feel like this is all tied into my one big discovery that I made with the one ancient language that I've been studying intensively for several years, now.

It's almost like I'm giving intellectual birth, and I'm in this liminal vulnerable place until the process and the project reach completion enough.

It really is the strangest feeling.

No comments: